Abrasive & EDM Cutting
Metal Cutting has been perfecting the science and crafting the art of burr free cutting for over 40 years. All 46 of our proprietary Abrasive and EDM cut-off machines offer unmatched precision and high speed capability. That means you get what you want, when you want it. Cutting is what we’re built on; and as the centerpiece of our operation, we work continually to improve our methods to ensure the quality and service our customers depend on.
CUSTOM CUTTING All of our machines have been enhanced with various advanced custom features, including:
- Programmable operation for maximum set-up flexibility and change-over speed
- Computerized cutting pressure controls to eliminate burrs
- Linear in-feed encoding to achieve the tightest tolerances
- Rotary work to yield exceptional squareness
Our unique, custom cutting capacity allows us to offer small quantities with unbeatable delivery times as well as high quantity production runs for scheduled contracts.
Our large inventory of commonly requested materials, as well as our sourcing experience and extensive network of suppliers help us to ensure the best possible delivery. And, of course, we can always work with any material you supply.
- Diameters from 0.0005” to 3.00” (0.0125 mm to 75.0 mm) can be cut.
- Cut lengths from as uniquely short as 0.008” (0.20 mm) are achievable.
- Cut length tolerances down to 0.001” (0.025 mm) are achievable.
- Any tube ID—no matter how small—can be cut, and tube walls as thin as 0.001” (0.025 mm) can be cut without deformation.
- Exceptionally tight tolerances can be held on long-length cuts (± 0.005” over 6.0 feet or ± 0.125 mm over 2 meters).
- Coated parts can be cut without damaging surface coating.
- Coated tubes can be cut without damaging OD coating and maintaining ID cleanliness and integrity.
- Parallelograms with square or angle ends can be cut within arc seconds.